Come one, come all and allow us to introduce you to a gluten-free diet! But wait…what is gluten in the first place?
Gluten is a type of protein that is found in certain grains such as wheat, barley, rye, oat and triticale. The gluten protein tends to make products chewy and gives food an elastic quality!
Alright, so now that we know what gluten is, you may be wondering why you should consider a gluten-free diet? Are we right? Well then no worries! Here is a list of reasons as to why someone would be interested in cutting out gluten!
- You have a Gluten-Intolerance
- You have Inflammatory Bowel Disorder (IBD)
- It can help you eat less processed foods
- It can improve your energy levels
- Removing gluten may improve a leaky gut
- Removing gluten may improve Lactose-Intolerance
- May improve your mental health
- May reduce the frequency of migraines
Now that you know reasons why you would go on a gluten-free diet, how about a list of gluten-free foods?
Naturally Gluten-Free Grains and Starches:
- Buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, millet, sorghum, corn (polenta), wild rice, teff, soy, flax, hominy, and rice.
Naturally Gluten-Free Foods:
- Beans, seeds, nuts, fresh meat, poultry, fish, fresh eggs, dairy products, fruits, vegetables, oils, and herbs.
Wait…but what has gluten in it?
Gluten foods to avoid include bread, french fries, cakes and pies, candies, cereals, cookies, pasta, beer, crackers, salad dressings, croutons, gravies, imitation meat, processed meat, matzo, sauces, and tortilla chips.
Are you considering a gluten-free diet? If so, then we have amazing gluten-free foods for you to choose from!